Hello! Sorry it’s been a loooooong time but I have been very busy with work.
Anyway, today will be the first Ben’s News. Every Monday (hopefully!) I will do a review of events of the previous week that are not only important but also interesting too. So, despite the BBC and all the newspapers trying to bore us with sad news and politics, I report the main news stories and, more importantly, news that is largely being ignored by most newspapers.
So, the headlines…
- First, the most important news. Obama wants to change laws about Americans owning guns after the terrible shooting in a primary school in Connecticut, where 27 people were killed last Friday.
- A new species of loris, a relative of the lemur, has been discovered in Borneo. Lorises have a toxic bite and are very agile and found in Southeast Asia.
- The Geminid meteor shower also happened on Friday, BUT the sky was too cloudy for a lot of people to see it.
- Two NASA satillites have found out more about the Moon’s past by discovering that the Moon is more battered with meteorites than scientists had first thought. This indicates that the Moon might be older than you might have thought.
- The Plosky Tolbachik volcano in Russia has erupted after 36 years. The eruption was so spectacular that it has been described as the end of the world!
- China’s probe Chang’e 2 is on an unknown new mission after it mapped the Moon.
- JLS is teaming up with Cancer Research UK to help raise awareness for cancer.
- Football bosses have come up with a new plan to stop football racism by making players promise not to be racist .
- NASA video captures 2012 Geminid meteor shower fireball (sott.net)
- 2012 Geminid Meteor Shower (Video) (wjla.com)