Hello! Last Saturday it was my 12th birthday and I got a history book (The Usborne History of Britain) from my uncle and auntie! Brand new! It is a very informative book and it helped me with Kings and Queens part 4!
Anne: This ruler suffered from health problems and constant births, though none of her children survived infancy. Parliament worried that James II’s son would try to nap the throne so England, Scotland and Wales became the United Kingdom.
George I: Great grandson of James I, George spoke hardly any English (because he was from Germany) and had to fight off Stuart supporters. He didn’t stay long in England and Robert Walpole, the first Prime Minister, took charge.
George II: Fought off the last Stuart supporters and fought in the Seven Years’ War. His reign was the start of the Industrial Revolution.
George III: Was a good ruler until he slowly went mad and left the country in power of Prince George, later George IV.
So remember, tell me who YOUR favourite British monarch was and why! Part 5 is coming soon!
- Who is the best English monarch? Part 3 (benwilliamsworld.wordpress.com)
- Who is the best english monarch- part 2 (benwilliamsworld.wordpress.com)
- Who is the best English monarch – Part 1 (benwilliamsworld.wordpress.com)
- England Changes Under George III’s Reign (reginajeffers.wordpress.com)
- Slideshow: Longest-Reigning British Monarchs (history.com)