Get the joke? Because Friday the 13th– Thursday the 14th!
Hahahahhahahhahahhahahhaahha… yes I know it’s not funny. But the superstition that Friday the 13th is unluckly as 13 is the number of people at the last supper and it took place on Good Friday. But everyone knows that one. Here are some more superstitions– some are very silly! I have found all of these superstitions from this website.
- A loaf of bread should never been turned upside down after a piece has been sliced from it
- Never take a broom with you when you move house
- If the first butterfly you see in the year is white, you will have good luck
- If a black cat walks towards you you will have good luck; if it walks away you will have bad luck
- An acorn in the window will keep lightning out
- If a dog howls when someone is sick, it brings misfortune
- A horseshoe in on the bedroom door keeps bad dreams away
- Dropping an umbrella in the house means a murder will take place
- If you dream of a lizard you have a secret enemy
- Do not point at the moon or your ear will be cut
- The Chinese unlucky number is 4 as 4 in Chinese is pronounced like the word for death
- Do not put chopsticks straight into your bowl as it looks like incense for the dead
- You cannot give anyone a clock as the expression for giving a clock to someone is the same as paying your last respects to somebody who died in Chinese
- If you lose a tooth in China you throw your bottom teeth on the roof and your upper teeth under your bed. Also, China have no Tooth Fairy. What a shame!